Saturday, March 28, 2009

While You were out!











Have you ever seen the show, "while you were out"? They take a family, and send one of them away for a weekend, while other loved ones decorate a room in their house. When they get back, "surprise!"

While my hubby was away on business, I decided to redecorate our bedroom (one of the last places in the house we hadn't painted yet) Here is the headboard which I re-upholstered, I also put new lampshades on and added a decorative shelf on the right.

In the corner you can see that I finally added a valance, and moved the hanging candle holder to the corner. I also de-cluttered (a lot!)

I stencilled the border, made the elk clock on top of the hutch, did both of the flower arrangements and put up some framed artwork (I actually printed the pictures on my printer...they are from PC crafter, by Dwight Kirkland)

Anyway, my husband was shocked, and very happy, and I'm glad that I finally have a room where things match. Now all we need is new carpet.....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

how cool! I love the before and after pics - really nice change done there gf.

Vicky MundoAfora said...

Well done! What a great work!